35346 US Medium Tank M4A3E8 Sherman "Easy Eight 1:35
This is a Tamiya 35346 US MEDIUM TANK M4A3E8 SHERMAN "Easy Eight" European Theater.
Read the full product description
US MEDIUM TANK M4A3E8 SHERMAN
This is an all-new kit designed by Tamiya’s top designers which recreates the "Easy Eight" variant of the legendary Sherman medium tank. The M4A3E8 was known fondly as the “Easy Eight” by its crews, thanks to the relatively smooth drive afforded by its Horizontal Volute Spring Suspension (HVSS). Another distinguishing feature was its 76mm gun. Some of the 2,500 examples produced were in time to appear in the Battle of the Bulge (Dec. 1944-Jan. 1945), and others even served in the Korean War years after the Allied WWII triumph. Movie buffs will no doubt also recall that the "Easy Eight" was the star of the 2014 hit film "Fury."
THE TAMIYA-DESIGNED M4A3E8 KEY FEATURES
• Slide molded turret and upper hull parts give an unbeatable combination of hassle-free assembly and highly realistic detail levels. Cast metal turret and welded hull surface textures are rendered accurately.
• The rear showcases sharp, detailed molding on engine grilles and exhausts, as well as the numerous accessories depicted by the kit.
• Clear parts are used to recreate light lens and cupola vision block parts, further upping the realism of this kit.
• The single-pin T66 tracks are recreated with minimum fuss and great accuracy, by the included belt-type tracks. Drive sprockets feature fine holes.
• A commander figure in realistic pose is provided for the cupola. The periscope seen on the hatch underside is depicted using separate parts.
• 1/35 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 214mm, width: 86mm.
• This is an almost entirely-newly designed model (road wheels and other small parts use existing design), which captures a WWII "Easy Eight" with stunning accuracy.
• Features such as the large turret and powerful gun are beautifully rendered.
• Detailed depictions of the HVSS and single pin T66 tracks contribute to the authentic appearance.
• Modelers can choose to assemble the model with its various hatches open or closed.
• 2 marking options included.
• 1 commander torso figure for the cupola included.